Jump to Main Content
- Shibata, Izumi; Yanagisawa, Masahiro; Saito, Tsuguyuki; Isogai, Akira
- Cellulose 2006 v.13 no.1 pp. 73-80
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; acids; alginates; carboxymethylcellulose; cellulose; depolymerization; light scattering; oxidation; size exclusion chromatography; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The 4-amino-2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidine-1-oxy radical (4-amino-TEMPO)-mediated oxidation was applied to regenerated cellulose, and the obtained cellouronic acid was analyzed by size-exclusion chromatography attached with a multi-angle laser light scattering detector (SEC-MALS). Although the cellouronic acid filtered with the usual 0.1 μm membrane gave a bimodal SEC-elution pattern, the high-mole ...
- Bondeson, Daniel; Mathew, Aji; Oksman, Kristiina
- Cellulose 2006 v.13 no.2 pp. 171-180
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; Picea abies; cellulose; nanocrystals; polymers; response surface methodology; sulfuric acid; temperature; titration; transmission electron microscopy; ultrasonic treatment; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The objective of this work was to find a rapid, high-yield process to obtain an aqueous stable colloid suspension of cellulose nanocrystals/whiskers. Large quantities are required since these whiskers are designed to be extruded into polymers in the production of nano-biocomposites. Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), derived from Norway spruce (Picea abies), was used as the starting material. The p ...