Jump to Main Content
- Håkansson, Helena; Germgård, Ulf; Sens, Denis
- Cellulose 2005 v.12 no.6 pp. 621-628
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; Betula; Eucalyptus; Phalaris arundinacea; cellulose; hardwood; kraft pulp; kraft pulping; polymerization; xylan; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The depolymerisation of laboratory-prepared kraft pulps from birch, eucalyptus and reed canary grass during acid hydrolysis was studied. The intention was to study especially the influence of xylan content on the levelling-off degree of polymerisation (LODP) and on the dissolution of carbohydrates during the acid hydrolysis. The xylan content in the pulps was varied by prehydrolysis prior to the k ...
- Thygesen, Anders; Oddershede, Jette; Lilholt, Hans; Thomsen, Anne Belinda; Ståhl, Kenny
- Cellulose 2005 v.12 no.6 pp. 563-576
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; X-ray diffraction; cellulose; crystal structure; ethanol production; plant fibers; wood; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... A comparative study of cellulose crystallinity based on the sample crystallinity and the cellulose content in plant fibres was performed for samples of different origin. Strong acid hydrolysis was found superior to agricultural fibre analysis and comprehensive plant fibre analysis for a consistent determination of the cellulose content. Crystallinity determinations were based on X-ray powder diffr ...