Jump to Main Content
- Felby, Claus; Thygesen, Lisbeth G.; Kristensen, Jan B.; Jørgensen, Henning; Elder, Thomas
- Cellulose 2008 v.15 no.5 pp. 703
- enzymatic hydrolysis, etc ; cellulose; spectral analysis; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... The different states and locations of water within the cellulose matrix can be studied by the use of time domain low field NMR. In this work we show how the state and location of water associated with cellulose in filter paper fibers are affected by enzymatic hydrolysis. Three locations of water were identified in the filter paper; (1) bound water associated with the microfibril surfaces and (2) w ...
- Yue, Yiying; Zhou, Chengjun; French, Alfred D.; Xia, Guan; Han, Guangping; Wang, Qingwen; Wu, Qinglin
- Cellulose 2012 v.19 no.4 pp. 1173
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; bulk density; cellulose; crystal structure; crystals; ethylene oxide; gels; homogenization; lint cotton; mercerization; pressure treatment; storage modulus; sulfuric acid; temperature; tensile strength; thermal stability; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Stable aqueous suspensions of cellulose nano-crystals (CNCs) were fabricated from both native and mercerized cotton fibers by sulfuric acid hydrolysis, followed by high-pressure homogenization. Fourier transform infrared spectrometry and wide-angle X-ray diffraction data showed that the fibers had been transformed from cellulose I (native) to cellulose II (mercerized) crystal structure, and these ...