Jump to Main Content
- Baasandorj, Tsogtbayar; Ohm, Jae-Bom; Manthey, Frank; Simsek, Senay
- Cereal Chemistry Journal 2015 v.92 no.1 pp. 81-87
- breadmaking quality; breads; correlation; flour; gliadin; hard red spring wheat; loaves; milling; milling industry; molecular weight; seeds; yields
- ... Optimization of flour yield and quality is important in the milling industry. The objective of this study was to determine the effect of kernel size and mill type on flour yield and end-use quality. A hard red spring wheat composite sample was segregated, based on kernel size, into large, medium, and small kernels, and unsorted kernels. The four fractions were milled on three laboratory roller mil ...
- Kiszonas, Alecia M.; Fuerst, E. Patrick; Luthria, Devanand; Morris, Craig F.
- Cereal Chemistry Journal 2015 v.92 no.1 pp. 37-43
- Triticum aestivum; analysis of variance; arabinoxylan; baking; baking quality; batters; cakes; varieties; wheat; whole grain flour
- ... Arabinoxylans (AX) are well known to have a wide-ranging influence on wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) end-use quality and are associated with health benefits. There is little information on the effects of processing on AX properties in high-water-content batter-based products and on the associations between AX properties and end-use quality in such products. The objective of this study was to track t ...