Jump to Main Content
- Schmid, Markus; Wieser, Herbert; Koehler, Peter
- Cereal chemistry 2017 v.94 no.3 pp. 546-553
- gliadin, etc ; alkylation; cultivars; cysteine; fractionation; glutathione; glutenins; high performance liquid chromatography; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; sodium dodecyl sulfate; solubility; thiols; wheat; wheat flour; wheat protein; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Wheat proteins are classified according to solubility into the so-called Osborne fractions. Because wheat flour contains both free thiol and disulfide groups, thiol–disulfide interchange reactions are possible during extraction. Osborne fractionation of 12 different wheat flour samples was performed in the presence of N-ethylmaleinimide (NEMI) to alkylate free thiol groups and without addition of ...
- Malalgoda, Maneka; Ohm, Jae-Bom; Meinhardt, Steven; Chao, Shiaoman; Simsek, Senay
- Cereal chemistry 2017 v.94 no.3 pp. 560-567
- gliadin, etc ; absorbance; ash content; breadmaking quality; breeding; cluster analysis; cultivars; dough; flour; genes; hard red spring wheat; milling quality; mixing; parentage; protein composition; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Thirty hard red spring (HRS) wheat cultivars released between 1910 and 2013 were analyzed to determine how they cluster in terms of parentage and HPLC analysis of gliadins and unreduced proteins. Markers for reduced height genes were assessed to determine associations between semidwarfism and protein composition, as well as quality characteristics. In terms of parentage, the clusters formed were g ...