Jump to Main Content
- Živančev, Dragan R.; Torbica, Aleksandra M.; Tomić, Jelena M.; Janić Hajnal, Elizabet P.; Belović, Miona M.; Mastilović, Jasna S.; Kevrešan, Žarko S.
- Cereal chemistry 2016 v.93 no.1 pp. 90-99
- gliadin, etc ; climate change; climatic factors; cluster analysis; cultivars; glutenins; molecular weight; synergism; wheat; Serbia; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The primary goal of this study is to improve our understanding of the extent of influence of climatic factors in Serbia and high-molecular-weight glutenin subunit (HMW-GS) composition upon wheat end-use quality. In-depth analyses were performed on four bread wheat cultivars that are the most common in agricultural practice in Serbia. Total glutenin content showed significant difference between the ...
- Sutton, Kevin H.; Simmons, Lyall D.; Cummack, Jill B.; Roberts, Sarah J.
- Cereal chemistry 2016 v.93 no.4 pp. 352-356
- gliadin, etc ; breeding; celiac disease; cultivars; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epitopes; flour; gluten; immune response; milling; protein content; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; wheat; New Zealand; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Epitopes on the α-gliadins are known to give rise to immune responses that may lead to the development of celiac disease in genetically predisposed individuals. The reduction of epitope levels in wheat-based products would likely benefit this group of consumers and also consumers with non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Conventional breeding of wheats with lowered epitope levels will take time, but in ...