Jump to Main Content
- Hoseney, R.C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Cereal chemistry 1997 v.74 no.5 pp. 614-616
- cookies; diameter; estimation; viscosity; prediction; baking quality; wheat flour; durum wheat; dough
- ... Cookie diameter is a function of spread rate and set time during baking. Dough viscosity appears to control cookie spread rate and, thus, will affect final cookie diameter. The technique of lubricated uniaxial compression was used to measure the elongational viscosity of cookie dough. Full-formula cookie doughs made with a commercial hard wheat flour had a significantly higher elongational viscosi ...
- Hoseney, R.C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 1997 v.74 no.5 pp. 669-671
- weight; cultivars; diameter; dough; wheat flour; durum wheat; baking quality; water content; recipes; winter wheat; cookies
- ... Sugar-snap cookie doughs prepared with a commercial soft wheat flour and standard formula water (25%, fwb) produced baked cookies with a mean diameter of 186 mm. Increasing the formula water to 30% resulted in cookies with a mean diameter of 187 mm and decreasing the formula water to 20% resulted in cookies with a mean diameter of 185 mm. A similar effect was seen when the formula water in cookie ...