Jump to Main Content
- Huebner, F.R.; Bietz, J.A.
- Cereal chemistry 1993 v.70 no.5 pp. 506
- wheat; gliadin; solubility; ethanol; molecular weight; cultivars; food quality; carbohydrates; amino acids; food composition; nutrient content; fractionation; high performance liquid chromatography
- ... A fraction of oligomeric wheat proteins, ethanol-soluble glutenin (ESG), formerly referred to as high molecular weight (HMW) gliadin, is coextracted with low molecular weight (LMW) monomeric gliadins using 70% ethanol. ESG has several subunits that are apparently identical to LMW-glutenin subunits (40-55 kDa). The cysteine residues of these subunits may be in different locations from those of LMW- ...
- Knutson, C.A.
- Cereal chemistry 1993 v.70 no.5 pp. 534
- corn; alpha-amylase; starch; starch granules; solubility; hydrolysis; oligosaccharides; enzyme activity
- ... Action patterns of maize alpha-amylases on soluble starch, granular starch, and maltooligosaccharide substrates were evaluated. Enzyme fractions with low, intermediate, and high isoelectric points (pl) had specific patterns on soluble starch. Primary reactions on starch molecules and large oligosaccharides produced large quantities of oligosaccharides with degree of polymerization (DP)7 and smalle ...