Jump to Main Content
- Eldridge, A.C.; Wolf, W.J.
- Cereal chemistry 1969 v.46 no.4 pp. 344
- saponins; crystallization; hydrolysis; chemical composition; carbohydrate composition; glucose; galactose; arabinose; rhamnose; glucuronic acid; soy protein
- ... Isolated soybean protein contains saponins which can be removed by a mild acid treatment and crystallized. The crystalline material is a mixture of a least 3 saponins. Hydrolysis of the saponins reveals soyasapogenols B, C, and D; soyasapogenol B is present in the highest concn. According to paper and gas-liquid chromatography the crystalline saponins contain at least 5 different sugars: glucose, ...
- Christianson, D.D.; Nielsen, H.C.; Khoo, U.; Wolf, M.J.; Wall, J.S.
- Cereal chemistry 1969 v.46 no.4 pp. 372
- Zea mays; corn; corn protein; chemical composition; endosperm; amino acids; glutelins; zein; purification; isolation; storage proteins; microstructure; chemical analysis; solubility; food composition
- ... Microscopic examination of endosperm cells reveals the presence of starch granules and protein bodies held together by a protein matrix. To separate these subcellular structures, endosperm tissue, obtained 24 days after pollination, was gently homogenized in phosphate buffer. The particulate cell components were then separated by zone sedimentation on a sucrose density gradient. Sequential fractio ...