Jump to Main Content
- Brijs, Kristof, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2010 v.87 no.3 pp. 226-230
- cookies; dough; baking; baking quality; food quality; ingredients; protein content; elasticity (mechanics); cooking fats and oils; application rate; hardness; wheat gluten; protein binding; strength (mechanics)
- ... Fat, one of the three major ingredients of sugar-snap cookies, affects dough properties, changes in dough dimensions during baking, and in the end, the properties of the baked product. We studied the effect of reducing fat levels (from 15.8 to 8.7% on a dough basis) on dough and cookie properties and related it to the SDS extractable protein (SDSEP) levels. Reducing fat levels increased dough elas ...
- Brijs, Kristof, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Cereal chemistry 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 309
- antioxidant activity; baking quality; biopolymers; biotechnology; bread dough; carboxylic ester hydrolases; celiac disease; dietary fiber; digestion; durum wheat; evolution; fermentation; food chemistry; food processing; food production; gastrointestinal system; genotype-environment interaction; gluten; health promotion; high pressure treatment; human health; hypersensitivity; ingredients; microorganisms; milling byproducts; phenolic acids; public speaking; shelf life; sodium chloride; steaming; structure-activity relationships; washing; wheat bran; wheat flour; whole grain flour; Belgium
- ... In May 2013, the Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Biochemistry, KU Leuven, organized the 4th Cereals & Europe Spring Meeting in the university's hometown Leuven, Belgium. The C&E Spring Meeting was endorsed by AACC International and its European Section, Cereals & Europe, and partially sponsored by key companies such as platinum-level sponsor Puratos, gold-level sponsors Chopin Technologies, CSM, ...