Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2016 v.93 no.6 pp. 584-592
- amino acid composition; amylose; arginine; ash content; brown rice; catechin; chlorogenic acid; cultivars; essential amino acids; ferulic acid; flour; foams; gamma-aminobutyric acid; germination; glutelins; hardness; histidine; methionine; nutritive value; p-coumaric acid; paddies; pasting properties; prolamins; proline; protein content; protocatechuic acid; quercetin; vanillic acid; viscosity; water binding capacity
- ... Physical characteristics, amino acids composition, protein profiling, pasting characteristics, and phenolic compounds of brown rice (BR) and germinated brown rice (GBR) from different paddy cultivars (PB1, PS44, PB1509, PB1121, and PS5) were investigated. L* (lightness) decreased, but a* (redness and greenness) and b* (yellowness and blueness) increased with germination. Protein and ash content in ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 389-397
- adhesion; air temperature; amylose; cooking; cultivars; developmental stages; filling period; hardness; lipid content; lipids; paddies; pasting properties; phenylpropanolamine; prolamins; protein content; rice; viscosity
- ... Milled rice of four indica cultivars (PR114, PR116, PR118, and PAU201) obtained from early (June 5 and 15) and delayed (June 25 and July 5) transplanted paddy was evaluated for physicochemical, pasting, cooking, and protein characteristics. During the grain-filling and development stage, early transplanted paddy experienced average maximum and minimum temperatures of 32.8 and 22.3°C, respectively, ...