Jump to Main Content
- Pajić, Z.; Erić, U.; Mladenović Drinić, S.; Srdić, J.; Filipović, M.
- Cereal research communications 2010 v.38 no.2 pp. 184-192
- popcorn, etc ; genetic distance; genetic markers; genetic variation; grain yield; heterosis; hybrids; inbred lines; popping; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; specific combining ability; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the genetic diversity of six popcorn inbred lines and to determine the relationship between combing ability and heterosis for grain yield and popping expansion and genetic distance, using random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) molecular markers. The genetic distance based on Dice coefficient ranged from 0.086 to 0.212. The highest genetic distance was f ...
- Silva, V. Q. R.; Amaral JÚnior, A. T.; Scapim, C. A.; Freitas Júnior, S. P.; Gonçalves, L. S. A.
- Cereal research communications 2010 v.38 no.2 pp. 272-284
- popcorn, etc ; agronomic traits; alleles; dominant genes; ears; genetic improvement; genotype; grain yield; heritability; hybrids; overdominance; parents; popping; recessive genes; researchers; Brazil; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... When using genotypes of different heterotic groups, the scarcity of information on the inheritance of traits that are of economic importance to popcorn has hindered the implementation of more appropriate methodologies to obtain higher genetic gains. To date, the diallel of Hayman (1954) has not been used by popcorn researchers, but it has robust properties that can minimize this gap in scientific ...