Jump to Main Content
- Stoševski, Ivan; Bonakdarpour, Arman; Cuadra, Faye; Wilkinson, David P.
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.14 pp. 2082-2085
- batteries; cathodes; chemical communication; chemical reactions; electrolytes; manganese dioxide; zinc; zinc sulfate
- ... Chemically-prepared MnO₂ containing a highly crystalline ramsdellite phase was tested as a cathode material in aqueous Zn-salt (ZnSO₄ and Zn(CF₃SO₃)₂) based electrolytes for the first time. This aqueous MnO₂/Zn cell has shown excellent performance and reversibility, retaining ≈65% of its initial capacity for more than 1000 cycles. The charge storage mechanism is complex and includes a ramsdellite/ ...
- LuoFirst authors: Z. Luo and G. Zhu., Zhihong; Zhu, Guangbin; Guo, Lulu; Li, Fujie; Li, Yibing; Fu, Meng; Cao, Yuan-Cheng; Li, Ya-Li; Luo, Kun
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.14 pp. 2094-2097
- anodes; batteries; cathodes; chemical communication; chemical compounds; chemical reactions; electrolytes
- ... Simple low rate pre-activation effectively prolonged the cycle life of Li–O₂ batteries with MWNT cathodes in a 1 M LiClO₄/DMSO electrolyte from 55 to 290 cycles, and the ultimate capacity and rate performance were also significantly enhanced, attributed to reconstructed homogeneous and compact SEI layers on the Li anodes by pre-activation. ...