Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Jinyun; Lin, Xirong; Zhang, Huigang; Shen, Zihan; Lu, Qianqian; Niu, Junjie; Li, Jinjin; Braun, Paul V.
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.25 pp. 3582-3585
- anodes; batteries; bees; biomimetics; cathodes; combs (social insects); electric vehicles; electrochemistry; electron transfer; energy density; lithium; manganese; mechanical properties; opal; physiological transport; porous media; pupae; silicates
- ... Emerging power batteries with both high volumetric energy density and fast charge/discharge kinetics are required for electric vehicles. The rapid ion/electron transport of mesostructured electrodes enables a high electrochemical activity in secondary batteries. However, the typical low fraction of active materials leads to a low volumetric energy density. Herein, we report a novel biomimetic “bee ...
- Xi, Xiao-Tong; Feng, Xi; Nie, Xue-Jiao; Hou, Bao-Hua; Li, Wen-Hao; Yang, Xu; Yang, Ai-Bo; Sun, Wen-Dong; Wu, Xing-Long
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.58 pp. 8406-8409
- anodes; batteries; carbon nanofibers; chemical reactions; electrochemistry; graphene; lithium
- ... Metallic lithium protection plays a crucial role on improving the electrochemical properties of Li-anode-based batteries. Herein, for an advanced Li//graphite dual-ion battery, constructing a robust and conductive film of carbon nanofibers on a Li anode effectively achieves dendrite-free Li growth and hence significantly enhances the long-life cyclic stability. ...