Jump to Main Content
- Li, Huanhuan; Ge, Zhaofei; Zheng, Yanping; Xue, Yan; Bai, Guangyue; Wang, Jianji; Zhuo, Kelei; Wang, Yujie
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.13 pp. 1991-1994
- batteries; chemical reactions; lithium; microparticles; sulfur
- ... A hybrid shell material of hollow Nb₂O₅ microspheres has been engineered as an effective sulfur host for use in Li–S batteries. Of particular note is that the selected Nb₂O₅ not only exhibits ultrafast Li⁺ motion properties due to its unique room-and-pillar NbO₆/NbO₇ framework structure, but also demonstrates moderate polar affinities to the lithium polysulfides based on theoretical calculations. ...
- Zhao, Hao; Yang, Pei; Du, Meili; He, Wenxiang; Liu, Meng; Yan, Wuwei; Zhou, Liang; Liu, Jianguo; Gu, Zhengbin; Zou, Zhigang
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.11 pp. 1655-1658
- batteries; cathodes; chemical communication; chemical reactions; lithium; sulfur; titanium
- ... A novel cathode structure consisting of ultrathin and freestanding surface-nitrided porous titanium (SNPT) sheets, was designed for high-gravimetric-capacity Li–S batteries. This unusual cathode combines the sulfur host and the current collector together, increasing the sulfur mass ratio by over 20% compared with routine cathodes, resulting in excellent cycling performance with an initial capacity ...