Jump to Main Content
- Craig, Ryan; Litvajova, Mili; Cronin, Sarah A.; Connon, Stephen J.
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.72 pp. 10108-10111
- Lewis acids; Lewis bases; anhydrides; catalysts; catalytic activity; cations; chemical reactions; enantioselectivity; fluorides; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organofluorine compounds; spectral analysis
- ... The asymmetric nucleophilic catalysis by fluoride ions at a carbon-based electrophile has been demonstrated for the first time. Using a library of ad hoc designed bifunctional phase-transfer catalysts in which both the anion and the cation are directly involved in the reaction, the desymmetrisation of meso-succinic and -glutaric anhydrides is possible. ¹⁹F NMR spectroscopic studies support the int ...
- Wang, Zhe-Hao; Zhang, Huan-Huan; Xu, Peng-Fei; Luo, Yong-Chun
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.72 pp. 10128-10131
- Lewis acids; azoles; catalytic activity; chemical reactions; synthesis; tetrahydrofuran
- ... A novel synthesis of five-membered cyclic nitrones has been developed based on the Lewis acid-catalysed [3+2]-annulation reaction of D–A cyclopropanes with 1,4,2-dioxazoles. Broad substrate scope and generally good yield make this reaction useful in the preparation of nitrones. When a suitable 1,4,2-dioxazole was used, nitrone and tetrahydrofuran could be prepared in one pot with high atom economy ...