Jump to Main Content
- Liang, Yantang; Jiang, Huanfeng; Tan, Zhenda; Zhang, Min
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.72 pp. 10096-10099
- amination; carbon-hydrogen bond activation; catalysts; catalytic activity; chemical bonding; copper; dehydrogenation; oxidation; quinolines
- ... Herein, we present, for the first time, direct dehydrogenative α-C–H amination of tetrahydroquinolines (THQs) using various amino agents by selective aerobic copper catalysis, which enables divergent access to 2-aminoquinolines, the core structures of numerous functional products. In which, the catalyst system preferentially oxidizes the tetrahydroquinolines between two amino reactants, and the pr ...
- Craig, Ryan; Litvajova, Mili; Cronin, Sarah A.; Connon, Stephen J.
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.72 pp. 10108-10111
- Lewis acids; Lewis bases; anhydrides; catalysts; catalytic activity; cations; chemical reactions; enantioselectivity; fluorides; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organofluorine compounds; spectral analysis
- ... The asymmetric nucleophilic catalysis by fluoride ions at a carbon-based electrophile has been demonstrated for the first time. Using a library of ad hoc designed bifunctional phase-transfer catalysts in which both the anion and the cation are directly involved in the reaction, the desymmetrisation of meso-succinic and -glutaric anhydrides is possible. ¹⁹F NMR spectroscopic studies support the int ...