Jump to Main Content
- Geitner, Felix S.; Fässler, Thomas F.
- Chemical communications 2017 v.53 no.96 pp. 12974-12977
- acetonitrile; ambient temperature; ammonia; copper; crystal structure; crystallization; dissociation; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; gold; ligands; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; potassium; pyridines; rubidium; salts; silicon; silver
- ... The reaction of NHCᴰⁱᵖᵖCuCl with the silicide phases A₁₂Si₁₇ (A: K, K/Rb, Rb) in NH₃(l) yields [NHCᴰⁱᵖᵖCu(η⁴-Si₉)]³⁻ (1) as only the third example of a substituted [Si₉] cluster. The corresponding salts A₃[A(2.2.2-crypt)]₃[NHCᴰⁱᵖᵖCu(η⁴-Si₉)]₂·26NH₃ (A: K (1a), K/Rb (1b), Rb (1c)) crystallize isostructurally in the space group P1̄ and have been characterized by single crystal structure determinatio ...
- Colletto, Chiara; Burés, Jordi; Larrosa, Igor
- Chemical communications 2017 v.53 no.96 pp. 12890-12893
- ambient temperature; arylation; catalysts; catalytic activity; chloroform; cross-coupling reactions; ligands; monitoring; organoiodine compounds; palladium; thiophenes
- ... We have discovered that the dba ligand in the commonly used Pd₂(dba)₃·CHCl₃ cross-coupling pre-catalyst is susceptible to bis-arylation when used in the presence of aryl iodides. The in situ formed dbaAr₂ ligands result in Pd-species with altered catalytic activity. In the case of study, the room temperature C3 arylation of benzo[b]thiophenes with aryl iodides, we have observed a marked catalyst d ...