Jump to Main Content
- Teo, Jesse M.; Coghlan, Campbell J.; Evans, Jack D.; Tsivion, Ehud; Head-Gordon, Martin; Sumby, Christopher J.; Doonan, Christian J.
- Chemical communications 2015 v.52 no.2 pp. 276-279
- adsorption; chemical reactions; copper; enthalpy; hydrogen; ions; materials; nickel; zinc
- ... Porous metal–organic polyhedra (MOPs), constructed from heterometallic Pdᴵᴵ–Mᴵᴵ (M = Cu, Ni, Zn) paddlewheel nodes and 5-tert-butyl-1,3-benzenedicarboxylate organic links, were prepared in which the Pdᴵᴵ ions preferentially line the inner surface of the cage molecules. Careful activation produces co-ordinatively unsaturated 3d transition metal sites on the external MOP surfaces giving rise to H₂ a ...
- Schaltin, Stijn; Li, Yun; Brooks, Neil R.; Sniekers, Jeroen; Vankelecom, Ivo F. J.; Binnemans, Koen; Fransaer, Jan
- Chemical communications 2015 v.52 no.2 pp. 414-417
- acetonitrile; batteries; chemical reactions; copper; electrochemistry; ionic liquids; ions; liquids; thermal stability
- ... The first redox flow battery (RFB), based on the all-copper liquid metal salt [Cu(MeCN)₄][Tf₂N], is presented. Liquid metal salts (LMS) are a new type of ionic liquid that functions both as solvent and electrolyte. Non-aqueous electrolytes have advantages over water-based solutions, such as a larger electrochemical window and large thermal stability. The proof-of-concept is given that LMSs can be ...