Jump to Main Content
- Smith, Christene A.; Narouz, Mina R.; Lummis, Paul A.; Singh, Ishwar; Nazemi, Ali; Li, Chien-Hung; Crudden, Cathleen M.
- Chemical reviews 2019 v.119 no.8 pp. 4986-5056
- biochemistry; carbenes; catalytic activity; heterocyclic nitrogen compounds; ligands; nanoparticles; polymers
- ... N-Heterocyclic carbenes (NHCs) have become one of the most widely studied class of ligands in molecular chemistry and have found applications in fields as varied as catalysis, the stabilization of reactive molecular fragments, and biochemistry. More recently, NHCs have found applications in materials chemistry and have allowed for the functionalization of surfaces, polymers, nanoparticles, and dis ...
- Heuer-Jungemann, Amelie; Feliu, Neus; Bakaimi, Ioanna; Hamaly, Majd; Alkilany, Alaaldin; Chakraborty, Indranath; Masood, Atif; Casula, Maria F.; Kostopoulou, Athanasia; Oh, Eunkeu; Susumu, Kimihiro; Stewart, Michael H.; Medintz, Igor L.; Stratakis, Emmanuel; Parak, Wolfgang J.; Kanaras, Antonios G.
- Chemical reviews 2019 v.119 no.8 pp. 4819-4880
- catalytic activity; computer hardware; dispersibility; energy; ligands; medicine; nanoparticles; photovoltaic cells; synthesis
- ... The design of nanoparticles is critical for their efficient use in many applications ranging from biomedicine to sensing and energy. While shape and size are responsible for the properties of the inorganic nanoparticle core, the choice of ligands is of utmost importance for the colloidal stability and function of the nanoparticles. Moreover, the selection of ligands employed in nanoparticle synthe ...