Jump to Main Content
- Pradhan, U. K.; Wu, Y.; Shirodkar, P. V.
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.6 pp. 537-552
- algae; biomarkers; carbon nitrogen ratio; coasts; estuaries; lignin; organic carbon; phenol; plant tissues; rivers; sediments; soil; stable isotopes; India
- ... Sources of organic matter (OM) in lower Narmada and Tapi river-estuaries were examined using organic carbon to nitrogen ratio (Cₒᵣg/N), stable carbon isotope ratio (δ¹³Cₒᵣg) and lignin phenol biomarkers. The signature of lower Cₒᵣg (av. 0.50%) and higher δ¹³Cₒᵣg (av. –20.3‰) in Narmada and, higher Cₒᵣg (av. 0.85%) and lower δ¹³Cₒᵣg (av. –22.8‰) in Tapi highlight the difference in OM characteristic ...
- Shilla, Daniel Abel
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.6 pp. 524-536
- biomarkers; estuaries; fatty acid composition; molecular weight; organic matter; polyunsaturated fatty acids; sediments
- ... Fatty acids were extracted from the surface sediments (10 cm) of three sampling sites of Rufiji estuary to infer their sources and biogeochemical pathways. The fatty acids ranging from C₈ to C₂₄ were distinguished from this study, and were broadly classified into saturated (SFAs), monounsaturated (MUFAs) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). SFAs were found to be the major fraction at station 1 ...