Jump to Main Content
- Pradhan, U. K.; Wu, Y.; Shirodkar, P. V.
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.6 pp. 537-552
- algae; biomarkers; carbon nitrogen ratio; coasts; estuaries; lignin; organic carbon; phenol; plant tissues; rivers; sediments; soil; stable isotopes; India
- ... Sources of organic matter (OM) in lower Narmada and Tapi river-estuaries were examined using organic carbon to nitrogen ratio (Cₒᵣg/N), stable carbon isotope ratio (δ¹³Cₒᵣg) and lignin phenol biomarkers. The signature of lower Cₒᵣg (av. 0.50%) and higher δ¹³Cₒᵣg (av. –20.3‰) in Narmada and, higher Cₒᵣg (av. 0.85%) and lower δ¹³Cₒᵣg (av. –22.8‰) in Tapi highlight the difference in OM characteristic ...
- Vilches, Florencia Ornela; Bobinac, M. A.; Labudía, A. C.; Paso Viola, M. N.; Marcovecchio, J. E.; Cappozzo, H. L.; Panebianco, M. V.
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.6 pp. 501-523
- Loligo; Micropogonias furnieri; Pontoporia blainvillei; anthropogenic activities; bioaccumulation; bioavailability; cadmium; chromium; coasts; copper; dolphins; environmental monitoring; fish; iron; lead; liver; marine ecosystems; muscles; nickel; squid; tissues; trophic levels; zinc; Argentina
- ... Metals accumulated in the tissues of organisms inhabiting marine ecosystems generally reflect their bioavailable levels within that environment. The aim of this work was to study the presence and concentration of metals (Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Ni, Pb and Zn) and its bioaccumulation in liver-ink sac (n = 12) and muscle (n = 12) tissues of loliginid squids, Loligo sanpaulensis, in liver (n = 15) and muscle ...