Jump to Main Content
- Pradhan, U. K.; Wu, Y.; Shirodkar, P. V.
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.6 pp. 537-552
- algae; biomarkers; carbon nitrogen ratio; coasts; estuaries; lignin; organic carbon; phenol; plant tissues; rivers; sediments; soil; stable isotopes; India
- ... Sources of organic matter (OM) in lower Narmada and Tapi river-estuaries were examined using organic carbon to nitrogen ratio (Cₒᵣg/N), stable carbon isotope ratio (δ¹³Cₒᵣg) and lignin phenol biomarkers. The signature of lower Cₒᵣg (av. 0.50%) and higher δ¹³Cₒᵣg (av. –20.3‰) in Narmada and, higher Cₒᵣg (av. 0.85%) and lower δ¹³Cₒᵣg (av. –22.8‰) in Tapi highlight the difference in OM characteristic ...
- Hegde, Ganapati; Krishnamurthy, S. V.; Berger, Gert
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.5 pp. 397-407
- acetylcholinesterase; agrochemicals; biomarkers; brain; crops; enzyme activity; farmers; females; frogs; gonadosomatic index; health status; hepatosomatic index; liver; males; mineral fertilizers; nontarget organisms; pesticides; plantations; tissues; India
- ... This study highlights the health status of frogs in coffee plantations of Western Ghats. Coffee is one of the major commercial crops in the Western Ghats of India. In these plantations, farmers extensively use agrochemicals including pesticides and synthetic fertilisers. The practice of agrochemical usage can negatively affect non-target organisms like amphibians. The area has reported many amphib ...