Jump to Main Content
- Akbarpour Nesheli, Maryam; Asgarani, Ezat; Dabbagh, Reza
- Chemistry in ecology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 163-176
- Kocuria; adsorbents; adsorption; bacteria; biosorption; chromium; crosslinking; heavy metals; models; pH; soil pollution; sorption isotherms; wastewater; Iran
- ... Heavy metal pollution in soil and wastewater is a worldwide environmental issue in which microorganisms play a significant role for its removal. In the present study, biosorption of Cr(VI) by the live and dead cells of Kocuria sp. ASB107, a radio-resistant bacterium, was investigated. The effect of contact time, solution pH, initial hexavalent chromium concentration and adsorbent dose on biosorpti ...
- Xu, Min; Wu, Jun; Luo, Ling; Yang, Gang; Zhang, Xiaohong; Peng, Hong; Yu, Xiaoyu; Wang, Lilin
- Chemistry in ecology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 177-197
- absorption; adsorption; application rate; arsenic; binding sites; biochar; biomass; ecological function; heavy metals; human health; polluted soils; prices; pyrolysis; soil pollution; soil properties; soil quality; temperature; toxicity; wood residues
- ... Heavy metal soil contamination is being given more and more attention due to increasing threats of heavy metals to soil quality, ecological function and human health. Biochar application is an effective way to remove toxic metals due to its high efficiency and low price. Electrostatic adsorption is the primary adsorption mechanism. The absorption ability and stability of biochar is the key to its ...