Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Jing; Liu, Airong; Wang, Wei; Li, Ruofan; Zhang, Wei-xian
- Chemosphere 2019 pp. 124470
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; biodegradability; biodegradation; biological treatment; chemical oxygen demand; decolorization; dyes; iron; organic compounds; pH; redox potential; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Biodegradation of recalcitrant organic contaminants such as organic dyes is a fundamental challenge in wastewater treatment. We report herein the integration of nanoscale zero-valent iron (nZVI) with membrane bioreactors to achieve enhanced degradation of Congo red (CR) in wastewater. nZVI pretreatment converts the large and bio-recalcitrant CR molecules into smaller and more biodegradable organic ...
- Tan, Xu; Acquah, Isaac; Liu, Hanzhe; Li, Weiguo; Tan, Songwen
- Chemosphere 2019 v.220 pp. 1150-1162
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; bacteria; biochemical pathways; biodegradation; biodiversity; cell structures; community structure; fouling; halophiles; hypersalinity; manufacturing; microbial communities; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... This work has reviewed from a microbial perspective and listed the typical studies on MBR techniques for saline wastewater treatments. When the salinity of influent is lower than 10 g/L NaCl, conventional MBR can be easily applied with adjusted operating conditions. For better biodegradation and anti-fouling ability at higher salinities (10–100 g/L), modified and hybrid MBR systems may need to be ...