Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Wenhai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.203 pp. 490-496
- activated sludge; aeration; amino acids; ammonium; biomass; corn; hydroponics; nutrient solutions; pH; phosphorus; phytotoxicity; statistical analysis; wastewater treatment
- ... In this study, we investigated the impact of intensive aeration pre-treatment on nutrient contents and phytotoxicity of anaerobically digested manure centrate. Activated sludge from conventional wastewater treatment plants was added to reinforce the aeration process. Results show that the addition of activated sludge did not negatively affect the nutrient contents, but significantly reduced the ph ...
- Chu, Wenhai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.196 pp. 25-34
- bromine; byproducts; chloral hydrate; chlorination; chlorine; chloroform; chloropicrin; cytotoxicity; disinfection; models; tyrosine; water treatment
- ... ClO₂ is frequently used as a pre-oxidant in water treatment plants. However, the effects of ClO₂ pre-oxidation on disinfection by-product (DBP) formation, especially the highly toxic nitrogenous DBPs, during subsequent chlor (am)ination have not been studied thoroughly. There is also limited information about DBP formation from combined amino acids (AAs), which are more abundant than free AAs in s ...