Jump to Main Content
- Habib, Rasikh; Asif, Muhammad Bilal; Iftekhar, Sidra; Khan, Zahiruddin; Gurung, Khum; Srivastava, Varsha; Sillanpää, Mika
- Chemosphere 2017 v.181 pp. 19-25
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; chemical oxygen demand; fouling; municipal wastewater; sewage treatment; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Relaxation and backwashing have become an integral part of membrane bioreactor (MBR) operations for fouling control. This study was carried out on real municipal wastewater to evaluate the influence of different operational strategies on membrane fouling at equivalent water yield. Four relaxation modes (MBR10+0, MBR10+1, MBR10+1.5 and MBR10+2) were tested to analyze membrane fouling behavior. For ...
- Shi, Bing-Jing; Wang, Yunkun; Geng, Yi-Kun; Liu, Ru-Dong; Pan, Xin-Rong; Li, Wen-Wei; Sheng, Guo-Ping
- Chemosphere 2017
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; ammonium nitrogen; antibiotics; chemical oxygen demand; fouling; long term effects; nutrients; sludge; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The presence of antibiotics in wastewater has been widely confirmed. Membrane bioreactor (MBR), as an efficient wastewater treatment technology, has attracted increasing interest in its ability to remove antibiotics in recent years. However, its long-term operation stability and the underlying mechanisms for antibiotics removal are still poorly understood. In this study, a hollow fiber MBR was use ...