Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Di, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017
- adsorption; antibiotics; electrostatic interactions; humans; hydrophobic bonding; neutralization; ofloxacin; pH; sediments; sulfamethoxazole; veterinary medicine
- ... Antibiotics are used widely in human and veterinary medicine and are ubiquitous in environmental matrices worldwide. The influence of the concentration of antibiotics on adsorption kinetics is still unclear. This study used sulfamethoxazole (SMX) and ofloxacin (OFL) as adsorbates to investigate the adsorption kinetics on sediment affected by varying concentrations of antibiotics adsorbable species ...
- Zhang, Di, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017 v.168 pp. 739-747
- chemical composition; hexadecane; acute toxicity; methanol; phenanthrenes; surface area; carbon nanotubes; models; pollutants; polar compounds; adsorbents; hydrophobicity; hydrogen bonding; solvents; sorption isotherms; screening; oxygen; adsorption
- ... Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), with diverse sources and acute toxicity, are categorized as priority pollutants. Previous studies have stated that the hydrophobic effect controls PAH sorption, but no study has been conducted to quantify the exact contribution of the hydrophobic effect. Considering the well-defined structure of carbon nanotubes and their stable chemical composition in orga ...