Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Li, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017 v.186 pp. 322-330
- ammonium; bioprocessing; denitrification; flue gas desulfurization; fractal dimensions; microorganisms; municipal wastewater; nitrates; nitrification; nitrites; nitrogen; oxygen; particle size distribution; permeability; polysaccharides; secretion; sequence analysis; sewage; sludge; sulfates; sulfides; sulfur; thiosulfates; wastewater treatment
- ... A comparative study on denitrifying sludge granulation with different electron donors (sulfide, thiosulfate and organics) was carried out. Longer time was spent on sulfide-denitrifying granular sludge (DGS) cultivation (88 days) than thiosulfate- and organics-DGS cultivations (57 days). All the three DGS were characterized in terms of particle size distribution, sludge settling ability (indicated ...
- Wei, Li, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017 v.176 pp. 212-220
- bacteria; bioprocessing; carbon; denitrification; engineering; flue gas desulfurization; freshwater; nitrogen; sewage; sulfates; sulfides; sulfur; thiosulfates; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor; wastewater treatment
- ... A sulfur cycle-based bioprocess for co-treatment of wet flue gas desulfurization (WFGD) wastes with freshwater sewage has been developed. In this process the removal of organic carbon is mainly associated with biological sulfate or sulfite reduction. Thiosulfate is a major intermediate during biological sulfate/sulfite reduction, and its reduction to sulfide is the rate-limiting step. In this stud ...