Jump to Main Content
- Casado-Martinez, M. Carmen; Burga-Pérez, Karen F.; Bebon, Rebecca; Férard, Jean-François; Vermeirssen, Etienne L.M.; Werner, Inge
- Chemosphere 2016 v.151 pp. 220-224
- bioassays; clay; freshwater; kaolin; mortality; sediments; toxicity; toxicity testing
- ... The toxicity test using freshwater ostracods of the species Heterocypris incongruens is a sub-chronic static test that exposes individuals to whole sediments over a period of 6 d, the endpoints being mortality and growth. We tested the hypothesis that endpoints of the sediment bioassay using Heterocypris incongruens are affected by the presence of fine sediment particles by testing control sedimen ...
- Xie, Jingru; Ming, Zhu; Li, Hongliang; Yang, Hua; Yu, Baowei; Wu, Ruihan; Liu, Xiaoyang; Bai, Yitong; Yang, Sheng-Tao
- Chemosphere 2016 v.151 pp. 324-331
- Phanerochaete chrysosporium; chemical composition; culture media; graphene; graphene oxide; infrared spectroscopy; mycelium; pH; pollutants; scanning electron microscopy; toxicity; ultrastructure; white-rot fungi
- ... With the wide production and applications of graphene and its derivatives, their toxicity to the environment has received much attention nowadays. In this study, we investigated the toxicity of graphene oxide (GO) to white rot fungus (Phanerochaete chrysosporium). GO was prepared by modified Hummers method and well characterized before use. P. chrysosporium was exposed to GO at the concentrations ...