Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Zhigao; Mou, Xiaojie; Sun, Wanlong
- Chemosphere 2016 v.147 pp. 163-172
- halophytes, etc ; Phragmites australis; Suaeda; carbon; chromium; coasts; copper; estuaries; heavy metals; lead; manganese; marshes; microbial activity; microorganisms; nickel; risk; salinity; sediments; sorption; temporal variation; zinc; China; Yellow River; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The concentrations of C, Pb, Cr, Cu, Zn, Ni and Mn were determined in decomposing litters of Phragmites australis, Suaeda salsa and Suaeda glauca in three plots of the Yellow River estuary to investigate the variations of metal stocks. Results showed that the decomposition rates significantly differed among species (p < 0.05), in the order of S. glauca (0.002010 d−1) > S. salsa (0.000814 d−1) > P. ...
- Shiri, Moez; Rabhi, Mokded; Abdelly, Chedly; Bouchereau, Alain; El Amrani, Abdelhak
- Chemosphere 2016 v.155 pp. 453-462
- halophytes, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; Eutrema salsugineum; abiotic stress; alcohols; ammonium; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; metabolism; metabolites; metabolomics; models; organic acids and salts; phenanthrene; salinity; sodium chloride; stress tolerance; sugars; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... It was shown that halophytes experience higher cross-tolerance to stresses than glycophytes, which was often associated with their more powerful antioxidant systems. Moreover, salinity was reported to enhance halophyte tolerance to several stresses. The aim of the present work was to investigate whether a moderate salinity enhances phenanthrene stress tolerance in the halophyte Thellungiella salsu ...