Jump to Main Content
- Mrozik, Wojciech; Stefańska, Justyna
- Chemosphere 2014 v.95 pp. 281-288
- adsorption; aerobic conditions; anaerobic conditions; biodegradability; biodegradation; desorption; environmental fate; glibenclamide; half life; metformin; sewage sludge; soil; sorption isotherms; sulfonylurea herbicides; wastewater treatment
- ... Pharmaceuticals are emerging contaminants in the natural environment. Most studies of the environmental fate of these chemicals focus on their behavior in wastewater treatment processes and in sewage sludge. Little is known about their behavior in soils. In this study adsorption and biodegradation of four antidiabetic pharmaceuticals – glimepiride, glibenclamide, gliclazide and metformin – were ex ...
- Liu, Zhiquan; Cui, Fuyi; Ma, Hua; Fan, Zhenqiang; Zhao, Zhiwei; Hou, Zhenling; Liu, Dongmei
- Chemosphere 2014 v.95 pp. 234-240
- Microcystis aeruginosa; acetaldehyde; acetone; adsorption; aniline; aromatic compounds; biodegradation; laboratory experimentation; lighting; nitrogen content; photolysis; volatilization
- ... The transformation mechanism of nitrobenzene (NB) with Microcystis aeruginosa was investigated by a series of laboratory-scale experiments. The result showed only a small fraction of NB can be adsorbed by M. aeruginosa. The adsorption was responsible to the transformation of NB in M. aeruginosa solution but was not the primary cause. The variation of cell activity and illumination could affect the ...