Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Di, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2013 v.93 pp. 2239-2244
- antioxidant activity; antioxidants; catalase; insects; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; mammals; oxidative stress; peroxidase; phosphine; rice; seed germination; seeds; superoxide dismutase
- ... Rice seeds (Tianyou, 3618) were used to examine the physiological and biochemical responses to phosphine exposure during germination. A control (0mgm−3) and four concentrations of phosphine (1.4mgm−3, 4.2mgm−3, 7.0mgm−3 and 13.9mgm−3) were used to treat the rice seeds. Each treatment was applied for 90min once per day for five days. The germination rate (GR); germination potential (GP); germinatio ...
- Zhang, Di, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2013 v.90 pp. 782-788
- sediments; sulfamethoxazole; bisphenol A; energy; lakes; phenanthrenes; sorption; soil; biochar; carbon; adsorbents; electrostatic interactions; norfloxacin; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; temperature; ofloxacin
- ... Biochars were produced using a Dianchi Lake sediment at different temperatures and their sorption characteristics with five organic contaminants (with solubilities varied three orders of magnitude) were compared. Freundlich model showed satisfying fitting results of the sorption isotherms. Distinct decrease of nonlinear factors was observed for all five contaminants with pyrolysis suggesting wider ...