Jump to Main Content
- Jin, Yuanxiang; Wang, Linggang; Ruan, Meili; Liu, Jingwen; Yang, Yuefeng; Zhou, Cheng; Xu, Bin; Fu, Zhengwei
- Chemosphere 2011 v.84 no.1 pp. 124-130
- adolescents; antioxidant activity; catalase; cholesterol; cypermethrin; cytochrome P-450; enzyme activity; genes; glutathione peroxidase; liver; messenger RNA; mice; oral administration; oxidative stress; puberty; regulatory proteins; superoxide dismutase; testes; testosterone; toxicity
- ... Cypermethrin (CYP) is one of the most common contaminants in the ecosystem. The effects of CYP exposure on the induction of oxidative stress and endocrine disruption were studied in adolescent male ICR mice. The hepatic activities of antioxidant enzymes including superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase (GPX), catalase (CAT) and total antioxidant capacity (T-AOC) increased significantly ...
- Dogan, Demet; Can, Canan; Kocyigit, Abdurrahim; Dikilitas, Murat; Taskin, Abdullah; Bilinc, Hasan
- Chemosphere 2011 v.84 no.1 pp. 39-46
- DNA damage; Oncorhynchus mykiss; alkylation agents; antioxidant activity; biomarkers; brain; dimethoate; enzyme activity; erythrocytes; exposure duration; genotoxicity; in vitro studies; lipid peroxidation; liver; oxidative stress; proteins; superoxide dismutase
- ... The present study was conducted in order to investigate pro-oxidant activity of dimethoate in liver and brain tissues following sublethal pesticide exposure for 5, 15 and 30d by using SOD, GPx, CAT enzyme activities and lipid peroxidation as biomarkers as well as DNA damaging potential via detecting% Tail DNA, Tail moment and Olive tail moment as endpoints in erythrocytes of Oncorhynchus mykiss in ...