Jump to Main Content
- Pinheiro, João Paulo Silva; Assis, Cecília Bertacini de; Muñoz-Peñuela, Marcela; Barbosa Júnior, Fernando; Correia, Tiago Gabriel; Moreira, Renata Guimarães
- Chemosphere 2019 v.220 pp. 266-274
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; DNA fragmentation; aluminum; ambient temperature; bioaccumulation; comet assay; cytotoxicity; erythrocytes; exposure duration; fish; freshwater; genotoxicity; global warming; males; micronucleus tests; mutagens; pH; semen; spermatozoa; testes; water temperature; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The toxicity of metals, including aluminum (Al), can be potentiated by temperature and acid pH, a concern in view of the current global warming scenario. The aim of this study was to evaluate the bioconcentration of Al in the testes and semen of Astyanax altiparanae and the potential of this metal, at different environmental temperatures and acid pH, to cause cytotoxicity and genotocixity in eryth ...
- Bettim, Franciele Lima; Galvan, Gabrieli Limberger; Cestari, Marta Margarete; Yamamoto, Carlos Itsuo; Silva de Assis, Helena Cristina
- Chemosphere 2016 v.144 pp. 1467-1474
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; acetylcholinesterase; antioxidants; aquariums; aromatic hydrocarbons; biomarkers; biotransformation; brain; freshwater fish; gasoline; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; kidneys; lipid peroxidation; liver; neurotoxicity; pollution; superoxide dismutase; tissues; water solubility; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The water-soluble fraction of gasoline (WSFG) is a complex mixture of mono-polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. The study aimed to evaluate the effects of WSFG diluted 1.5% on freshwater fish. Astyanax altiparanae were exposed to the WSFG for 96 h, under a semi-static system, with renewal of 25% of the gasoline test solution every 24 h. In addition, a decay of the contamination (DC) was carried out. ...