Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Jian-Ying; Li, Xiao-Dong; Chen, Tong; Lin, Xiao-Qing; Buekens, Alfons; Lu, Sheng-Yong; Yan, Jian-Hua; Cen, Ke-Fa
- Chemosphere 2015 v.123 pp. 9-16
- ammonium thiosulfate, etc ; ammonia; ammonium compounds; aqueous solutions; dibenzofuran; gas emissions; hydrogen cyanide; incinerators; nitrogen; polychlorinated dibenzodioxins; polychlorinated dibenzofurans; sulfur dioxide; temperature; thiourea; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Three distinct –S and –NH2 or NH4+ containing compounds, including ammonium thiosulfate, aminosulfonic acid and thiourea, were studied as polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs) inhibitors. All these three –S and –N containing compounds tested show strong suppression of PCDD/Fs formation, especially for thiourea which has not been studied before. With a (S+N)/Cl molar ratio o ...
- Zhan, Ming-Xiu; Chen, Tong; Fu, Jian-Ying; Lin, Xiao-Qing; Lu, Sheng-Yong; Li, Xiao-Dong; Yan, Jian-Hua; Buekens, Alfons
- Chemosphere 2016 v.146 pp. 182-188
- ammonium thiosulfate, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; ammonia; chlorination; fly ash; gases; models; moieties; municipal solid waste; nitriles; nitrogen; polychlorinated dibenzodioxins; polychlorinated dibenzofurans; sewage sludge; sulfur dioxide; temperature; thermal degradation; thiourea; toxicity; waste incineration; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Combined Sulphur-Nitrogen inhibitors, such as sewage sludge decomposition gases (SDG), thiourea and amidosulphonic acid have been observed to suppress the de novo synthesis of dioxins effectively. In this study, the inhibition of PCDD/Fs formation from model fly ash was investigated at unusually high temperatures (650 °C and 850 °C), well above the usual range of de novo tests (250–400 °C). At 650 ...