Jump to Main Content
- Abbasi, Naeem Akhtar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.191 pp. 651-663
- World Health Organization; air quality; biomass; burning; developing countries; indoor air pollution; mortality; particulate emissions; particulates; public health; Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; India; Maldives; Nepal; Pakistan; Sri Lanka
- ... Exposure to particulate emissions poses a variety of public health concerns worldwide, specifically in developing countries. This review summarized the documented studies on indoor particulate matter (PM) emissions and their major health concerns in South Asia. Reviewed literature illustrated the alarming levels of indoor air pollution (IAP) in India, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh, while Sri Lan ...
- Abbasi, Naeem Akhtar, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemosphere 2015 v.120 pp. 527-537
- bioaccumulation; birds; cadmium; chromium; cobalt; copper; ecosystems; emissions; feathers; granivores; heavy metals; insectivores; iron; lead; manganese; nickel; omnivores; phylogeny; principal component analysis; risk; runoff; toxicity; zinc; Pakistan
- ... Increasing concentrations of heavy metals in the environment and their effects on ecosystems and biota is still an imminent threat, particularly in developing parts of the globe. The aim of the present study was to screen the heavy metal concentrations in multiple bird species across Pakistan and to preliminary evaluate the influence of taxa, trophic level, and geographical location on heavy metal ...