Jump to Main Content
- Guan, Yidong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2015 v.134 pp. 492-498
- bioavailability; calcium; constructed wetlands; earthworms; phosphorus; rhizosphere; rivers; sand; wetland plants
- ... A sequential extraction method was utilized to analyze seven forms of P in an integrated vertical-flow constructed wetland (IVFCW) containing earthworms and different substrates. The aluminum-bound P (Al-P) content was found to be lower, and the occluded P (Oc-P) content was higher in the IVFCW. The addition of earthworms into the influent chamber of IVFCW increased the exchange P (Ex-P), iron-bou ...
- Guan, Yidong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2013 v.92 pp. 201-206
- Canna indica; Eisenia fetida; Phragmites australis; Typha angustifolia; bacteria; constructed wetlands; denitrification; earthworms; fungi; leaves; nitrification; nitrogen content; rhizosphere; stems; wetland plants
- ... The response of nitrification potentials, denitrification potentials, and N removal efficiency to the introduction of earthworms and wetland plants in a vertical flow constructed wetland system was investigated. Addition of earthworms increased nitrification and denitrification potentials of substrate in non-vegetated constructed wetland by 236% and 8%, respectively; it increased nitrification and ...