Jump to Main Content
- Lajmanovich, Rafael C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.220 pp. 714-722
- acetylcholinesterase; biotransformation; carboxylesterase; enzyme activity; glutathione; heart; heart rate; lethal concentration 50; pyriproxyfen; swimming; tadpoles; triiodothyronine
- ... Odontoprynus americanus tadpoles were used to determine the safety concentration of pyriproxyfen (PPF) insecticide by acute and sublethal toxicity tests (nominal range tested 0.01 to 10 [± 15%] PPF mg/L). Median lethal concentration (LC50) and no, and lowest-observed-effect concentrations (NOEC and LOEC, respectively) were calculated. We also assessed the effect on the activities of glutathione S- ...
- Lajmanovich, Rafael C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemosphere 2015 v.135 pp. 24-30
- Leptodactylus; adults; agroecosystems; biomarkers; embryogenesis; forests; frogs; larvae; metabolites; monitoring; paddies; pesticides; rice; teratogenicity; vitamin A; Argentina
- ... Retinoids are known to regulate important processes such as differentiation, development, and embryogenesis of vertebrates: Alteration in endogenous retinoids concentration is linked with teratogenic effects. Retinol (ROH), retinoid acid (RA), and isoform 13-Cis-retinoic acid (13-Cis-RA), in plasma of a native adults frog, Leptodactylus chaquensis from a rice field (RF) and a forest (reference sit ...