Jump to Main Content
- Mwakalapa, Eliezer Brown; Simukoko, Chalumba Kachusi; Mmochi, Aviti John; Mdegela, Robinson Hammerthon; Berg, Vidar; Bjorge Müller, Mette Helen; Lyche, Jan Ludvig; Polder, Anuschka
- Chemosphere 2019 v.224 pp. 176-186
- Zanzibar, etc ; Chanos chanos; Food and Agriculture Organization; Mugil cephalus; World Health Organization; aluminum; animal welfare; aquaculture; arsenic; cadmium; chromium; coastal water; coasts; cobalt; copper; farmed fish; fish health; heavy metals; humans; iron; islands; lead; liver; mercury; monitoring; mullet; muscles; nickel; risk; wild fish; zinc; Indian Ocean; Show all 32 Subjects
- ... In 2016, farmed milkfish (Chanos chanos) from Tanzania mainland (Mtwara), and Zanzibar islands (Pemba and Unguja) and wild milkfish and mullet (Mugil cephalus) from the Indian Ocean were collected for analyses of heavy metals (Pb, Cd, Hg, As, Al, Fe, Zn, Cu, Ni, Co and Cr) in muscles and livers. High concentrations of Pb were detected in muscles and livers from wild and farmed milkfish and wild mu ...
- Mwakalapa, Eliezer Brown; Mmochi, Aviti John; Müller, Mette Helen Bjorge; Mdegela, Robinson Hammerthon; Lyche, Jan Ludvig; Polder, Anuschka
- Chemosphere 2018 v.191 pp. 438-449
- Zanzibar, etc ; Chanos chanos; DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); Mugil cephalus; flame retardants; hexachlorobenzene; humans; islands; lipids; liver; marine fish; mullet; muscle tissues; perfluorocarbons; persistent organic pollutants; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; polychlorinated biphenyls; wild fish; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In 2016, farmed and wild milkfish (Chanos chanos) and mullet (Mugil cephalus) from Tanzania mainland (Mtwara) and Zanzibar islands (Pemba and Unguja) were collected for analyses of persistent organic pollutants (POPs). Fish livers were analysed for organochlorine pesticides (OCPs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), brominated flame retardants (BFRs). Muscle tissue was used for analyses of perfluor ...