Jump to Main Content
- Madsen, Kristine; Linchey, Jennifer; Gerstein, Dana; Ross, Michelle; Myers, Esther; Brown, Katie; Crawford, Patricia
- Childhood obesity 2015 v.11 no.4 pp. 375-383
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; accelerometers; autumn; body mass index; childhood obesity; children; dietetics; eating habits; energy balance; issues and policy; physical activity; public health; schools; spring; students; vegetables; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Background: Identifying sustainable approaches to improving the physical activity (PA) and nutrition environments in schools is an important public health goal. This study examined the impact of Energy Balance for Kids with Play (EB4K with Play), a school-based intervention developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and Playworks, on students' PA, dietary habits and knowledge, ...
- Joseph, Laura S.; Gorin, Amy A.; Mobley, Stacey L.; Mobley, Amy R.
- Childhood obesity 2015 v.11 no.5 pp. 513-520
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; body mass index; child care; childhood obesity; demographic statistics; education programs; food choices; healthy diet; issues and policy; nutrition education; nutrition risk assessment; nutritional intervention; parents; preschool children; questionnaires; risk; snack foods; snacks; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Background: Novel interventions within child care settings are needed for childhood obesity prevention. The aim of this study was to determine the impact of a short-term nutrition education pilot intervention on preschool-age children's snack food choices.Methods: Children ages 3–5 years (n = 49) from one child care setting participated in a short-term nutrition education intervention (nine 30-min ...