Jump to Main Content
- Han, Dongqiang; Ma, Wanyun; Chen, Dieyan
- Chromatographia 2007 v.66 no.11-12 pp. 899-904
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); ethylbenzene, etc ; benzene; biodegradation; detection limit; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; microorganisms; oils; petroleum; sediments; toluene; transportation; xylene; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes (BTEX) are commonly found in crude oil and are used in geochemical investigations as direct indicators of the presence of oil and gas. BTEX are easily volatile and can be degraded by microorganisms, which affect their precise measurement seriously. A method for determining the biodegradation process of BTEX in seabed sediment using dynamic headspace (pur ...
- Tölgyessy, Peter; Vrana, Branislav; Hrivňák, Ján
- Chromatographia 2007 v.66 no.9-10 pp. 815-817
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); ethylbenzene, etc ; agitation; benzene; desorption; detection limit; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glass; headspace analysis; isomers; toluene; xylene; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... A rapid and simple large volume headspace (HS) sampling technique termed headspace solid-phase microcolumn extraction (HS-SPMCE) is described. HS gas above a liquid or solid sample is aspirated by attaching a gas-tight syringe onto a glass thermal desorption tube filled with Tenax sorbent. The trapped analytes are recovered by thermal desorption for gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) ana ...