Jump to Main Content
- Komissarov, AlekseyS.; Galkina, SvetlanaA.; Koshel, ElenaI.; Kulak, MariaM.; Dyomin, AleksanderG.; O’Brien, StephenJ.; Gaginskaya, ElenaR.; Saifitdinova, AlsuF.
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.1 pp. 73-83
- DNA; W chromosome; chickens; data collection; genome; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; satellite DNA; tandem repeat sequences; telomeres
- ... The content of repetitive DNA in avian genomes is considerably less than in other investigated vertebrates. The first descriptions of tandem repeats were based on the results of routine biochemical and molecular biological experiments. Both satellite DNA and interspersed repetitive elements were annotated using library-based approach and de novo repeat identification in assembled genome. The devel ...
- Neeb, ZacharyT.; Nowacki, Mariusz
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Ciliophora; DNA; chromatin; epigenetics; eukaryotic cells; genome; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mammals; nucleotide sequences; sexual reproduction
- ... In the age of next-generation sequencing (NGS) and with the availability of whole sequenced genomes and epigenomes, some attention has shifted from purely sequence-based studies to those of heritable epigenetic modifications. Transgenerational inheritance can be defined as heritable changes to the state of DNA that may be passed on to subsequent generations without alterations to the underlying DN ...
- PubMed Central: