Jump to Main Content
- Ciska, Malgorzata; Masuda, Kiyoshi; Moreno Díaz de la Espina, Susana
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.1 pp. 103-113
- Allium cepa; Animalia; Western blotting; chromatin; embryophytes; fluorescent antibody technique; microscopy; nuclear matrix; phylogeny; roots; structural proteins
- ... Nuclear lamina organization is similar in metazoan and plants though the latter lack orthologs of lamins, the main components of the metazoan lamina. Current evidence suggests that Nuclear Matrix Constituent Proteins (NMCPs) are the lamin analogues in plants as these proteins share several key features: higher-order secondary structure and domain layout, subnuclear distribution, and involvement in ...
- Melnikova, Larisa; Kostyuchenko, Margarita; Molodina, Varvara; Parshikov, Alexander; Georgiev, Pavel; Golovnin, Anton
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.1 pp. 59-71
- Drosophila; chromatin; genomics; mutation
- ... The best-studied Drosophila insulator complex consists of two BTB-containing proteins, the Mod(mdg4)-67.2 isoform and CP190, which are recruited cooperatively to chromatin through interactions with the DNA-binding architectural protein Su(Hw). While Mod(mdg4)-67.2 interacts only with Su(Hw), CP190 interacts with many other architectural proteins. In spite of the fact that CP190 is critical for the ...