Jump to Main Content
- Maksimov, DaniilA.; Laktionov, PetrP.; Posukh, OlgaV.; Belyakin, StepanN.; Koryakov, DmitryE.
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.1 pp. 85-102
- Drosophila melanogaster; brain; epigenetics; eukaryotic cells; ganglia; gene silencing; genes; genome-wide association study; germ cells; heterochromatin; histones; males; methylation; mutation; salivary glands; somatic cells; spermatogenesis; testes; transcription (genetics)
- ... Histone modifications represent one of the key factors contributing to proper genome regulation. One of histone modifications involved in gene silencing is methylation of H3K9 residue. Present in the chromosomes across different eukaryotes, this epigenetic mark is controlled by SU(VAR)3-9 and its orthologs. Despite SU(VAR)3-9 was discovered over two decades ago, little is known about the details o ...
- Ruiz-Ruano, FranciscoJ.; Cabrero, Josefa; López-León, MaríaDolores; Sánchez, Antonio; Camacho, JuanPedro M.
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.1 pp. 45-57
- B chromosomes; B-DNA; Locusta migratoria; ancestry; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genes; histones; satellite DNA; transcriptome; transposons
- ... Repetitive DNA is a major component in most eukaryotic genomes but is ignored in most genome sequencing projects. Here, we report the quantitative composition in repetitive DNA for a supernumerary (B) chromosome, in the migratory locust (Locusta migratoria), by Illumina sequencing of genomic DNA from B-carrying and B-lacking individuals and DNA obtained from a microdissected B chromosome, as well ...