Jump to Main Content
- Xin, Haoyang; Zhang, Tao; Han, Yonghua; Wu, Yufeng; Shi, Jisen; Xi, Mengli; Jiang, Jiming
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.3 pp. 313-321
- DNA; Populus deltoides; Populus tomentosa; Populus trichocarpa; chromosome painting; crops; dioecy; evolution; loci; meiosis; metaphase; nucleotide sequences; oligonucleotides; pachytene stage; sex chromosomes; sex determination
- ... Dioecious species accounted for 6% of all plant species, including a number of crops and economically important species, such as poplar. However, sex determination and sex chromosome evolution have been studied only in few dioecious species. In poplar, the sex-determining locus was mapped to chromosome 19. Interestingly, this locus was mapped to either a peritelomeric or a centromeric region among ...
- Makunin, Alexey I.; Rajičić, Marija; Karamysheva, Tatyana V.; Romanenko, Svetlana A.; Druzhkova, Anna S.; Blagojević, Jelena; Vujošević, Mladen; Rubtsov, Nikolay B.; Graphodatsky, Alexander S.; Trifonov, Vladimir A.
- Chromosoma 2018 v.127 no.3 pp. 301-311
- Apodemus flavicollis; B chromosomes; DNA; evolution; genes; genomics; humans; mice; protein-serine-threonine kinases; satellite DNA
- ... Supernumerary chromosomes sporadically arise in many eukaryotic species as a result of genomic rearrangements. If present in a substantial part of species population, those are called B chromosomes, or Bs. This is the case for 70 mammalian species, most of which are rodents. In humans, the most common types of extra chromosomes, sSMCs (small supernumerary marker chromosomes), are diagnosed in appr ...