Jump to Main Content
- Heseding, Christiane; Saumweber, Harald; Rathke, Christina; Ehrenhofer-Murray, Ann E.
- Chromosoma 2017 v.126 no.1 pp. 165-178
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; DNA; Drosophila; chromatin; gene expression; genes; histone acetyltransferase; histones; polytene chromosomes; telomeres; topology; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... MYST family histone acetyltransferases play important roles in gene regulation. Here, we have characterized the Drosophila MYST histone acetyltransferase (HAT) encoded by cg1894, whose closest homolog is Drosophila MOF, and which we have termed MYST5. We found it localized to a large number of interbands as well as to the telomeres of polytene chromosomes, and it showed strong colocalization with ...
- Sawyer, Iain A.; Dundr, Miroslav
- Chromosoma 2017 v.126 no.5 pp. 541-557
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; DNA; cell nucleolus; chromatin; epigenetics; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; homeostasis; non-coding RNA; topology; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... An intrinsic and essential trait exhibited by cells is the properly coordinated and integrated regulation of an astoundingly large number of simultaneous molecular decisions and reactions to maintain biochemical homeostasis. This is especially true inside the cell nucleus, where the recognition of DNA and RNA by a vast range of nucleic acid-interacting proteins organizes gene expression patterns. ...