Jump to Main Content
- Murata, Chie; Kuroki, Yoko; Imoto, Issei; Kuroiwa, Asato
- Chromosome research 2016 v.24 no.3 pp. 407-419
- chromosome translocation, etc ; Tokudaia muenninki; Y chromosome; amino acid sequences; bacterial artificial chromosomes; crossing over; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genes; males; messenger RNA; mice; nucleotide sequences; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence homology; transposition (genetics); Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Two species of the genus Tokudaia lack the Y chromosome and SRY, but several Y-linked genes have been rescued by translocation or transposition to other chromosomes. Tokudaia muenninki is the only species in the genus that maintains the Y owing to sex chromosome-autosome fusions. According to previous studies, many SRY pseudocopies and other Y-linked genes have evolved by excess duplication in thi ...
- Vozdova, Miluse; Ruiz-Herrera, Aurora; Fernandez, Jonathan; Cernohorska, Halina; Frohlich, Jan; Sebestova, Hana; Kubickova, Svatava; Rubes, Jiri
- Chromosome research 2016 v.24 no.3 pp. 325-338
- chromosome translocation, etc ; Gazella leptoceros; Nanger dama; Tragelaphus imberbis; Tragelaphus oryx; Tragelaphus strepsiceros; chromosome pairing; evolution; fluorescence in situ hybridization; fluorescent antibody technique; mammals; meiosis; sex chromosomes; staining; transcription (genetics); Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The recurrent occurrence of sex-autosome translocations during mammalian evolution suggests common mechanisms enabling a precise control of meiotic synapsis, recombination and inactivation of sex chromosomes. We used immunofluorescence and FISH to study the meiotic behaviour of sex chromosomes in six species of Bovidae with evolutionary sex-autosome translocations (Tragelaphus strepsiceros, Taurot ...