Jump to Main Content
- Biscotti, Maria Assunta; Canapa, Adriana; Forconi, Mariko; Olmo, Ettore; Barucca, Marco
- Chromosome research 2015 v.23 no.3 pp. 463-477
- satellite DNA, etc ; DNA; centromeres; chromosome pairing; genome; heterochromatin; non-coding RNA; satellites; telomeres; transcription (genetics); Show all 10 Subjects
- ... A considerable fraction of the eukaryotic genome is made up of satellite DNA constituted of tandemly repeated sequences. These elements are mainly located at centromeres, pericentromeres, and telomeres and are major components of constitutive heterochromatin. Although originally satellite DNA was thought silent and inert, an increasing number of studies are providing evidence on its transcriptiona ...
- Dias, Guilherme B.; Heringer, Pedro; Svartman, Marta; Kuhn, Gustavo C. S.
- Chromosome research 2015 v.23 no.3 pp. 597-613
- satellite DNA, etc ; Bactrocera tryoni; Drosophila americana; Drosophila virilis; Y chromosome; animal ovaries; genome; heterochromatin; messenger RNA; phylogeny; satellites; sequence analysis; tandem repeat sequences; telomeres; testes; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Drosophila INterspersed Elements (DINEs) constitute an abundant but poorly understood group of Helitrons present in several Drosophila species. The general structure of DINEs includes two conserved blocks that may or not contain a region with tandem repeats in between. These central tandem repeats (CTRs) are similar within species but highly divergent between species. It has been assumed that CTRs ...