Jump to Main Content
- Arnall, Alex
- Climate and development 2019 v.11 no.3 pp. 253-263
- climate change; climatic factors; developing countries; politics; uncertainty; Asia; Mozambique
- ... There is growing interest in helping people in developing countries cope with climate change by reframing population relocation as an adaptation strategy. However, there is also ongoing uncertainty surrounding what the advantages and disadvantages of resettling poor and vulnerable communities might be. This article helps address this knowledge gap by considering what might be learned from recent a ...
- Paul, Christopher John; Weinthal, Erika
- Climate and development 2019 v.11 no.3 pp. 193-202
- climate; climate change; data collection; developing countries; emissions; environmental policy; interviews; livelihood; rural population; surveys; sustainable development; Ethiopia
- ... Anthropogenic climate change is predicted to have severe impacts on national economies and individual livelihoods, particularly for the world’s poorest populations. Measures to address climate change include both mitigation to reduce emissions and adaptation to climate change impacts. Prior to the Paris Conference of Parties 21 in 2015, few low-income countries had made extensive progress on eithe ...